happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

38th Week

Here I am in my 38th week of pregnancy. I have heard that if you have an easy pregnancy, you have a hard delivery, and vice versa. So, in order for me to have an easy delivery, I'm going to go against everything I've stated here so far about complaining about being pregnant, and I'm going to start complaining. To be honest, this is the first time in this pregnancy I have had something substantial to complain about, but here goes.

I have pregnancy induced carpel tunnel syndrome in my right hand. It comes from my hand being swollen and squeezing my nerves inside my hand. It doesn't hurt, per say, but it is pretty annoying. It feels like my fingers are made out of Hubba Bubba gum that has been chewed too long; stiff, and not very elastic. I can also liken it to when you are outside and it's cold, and then you come inside and your hand starts to warm up and feels tingly and numb. The good news is it's supposed to go away after I have the baby and the swelling goes down.

Speaking of swelling, at the end of most days when I look down at my ankles, I'm hoping and praying they belong to someone else. They are seriously, unusually large and puffy; very ugly. My foot pops out of all my cute little flats like muffin tops. You know the lady in the motorized cart that is so fat she can't walk? Have you ever had the misfortune of looking at her ankles? That's what mine look like now. =(

I also waddle. I'm pretty sure the baby has dropped, and it's very difficult to walk normal anymore. I'm feeling pressure in body parts I have never felt before, mainly my pelvic bones. I grunt everytime I bend down, or stand up, or sit down or stand up.

And even though my body has cooperated and I don't have any stretch marks (YET!) I do have more than my fair share of varicose and spider veins giving me all they've got. I tried to wear support panty hose for about two weeks, but it was a work out just getting them on, and then I had to fight with them to stay up everytime I went to the bathroom which is seriously about once an hour lately. My body is covered with huge blue veins, and my legs have a nice sprinkling of spider veins making unpleasant little designs. Anybody want to tell me all these veins go away after the baby is born? I'll be your best friend.

I am happy to tell you (and John is overjoyed) that my need to clean and prepare has declined. I am still straightening things up, and doing laundry, and preparing the baby's room, but at least now I can think about other things.

So, do you think this qualifies? Since I have had it pretty good so far, but the end is rough, this means my chances of having an easy delivery goes up right? I try not to think too much about the delivery, and I'm not watching as many "Baby Stories" as I used to- they just seem too real right now. I do think often of not being pregnant anymore, and I do think often of holding my baby, and swaddling her. My doctor will only let me go one week past my due date, so the longest I will be pregnant from this point forward is three weeks.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, December 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    From someone that just got rid of all that swelling and is left with ugly veins and stretch marks, I just want to say GOOD LUCK with your delivery!

    P.S. Will you have someone blog for you as soon as the baby makes her debut after your difficult delivery??

     
  • At 9:20 PM, December 18, 2007, Blogger happylaney said…

    Doesn't sound like you're trying to be my best friend, Cori. You're supposed to lie to me and tell me I'll have an easy delivery. Everyone knows that's what best friends are for, for lying to you. =)

     
  • At 8:07 PM, December 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're doing great! You look awesome! We're trying to be patient but we're ready too!!!
    --Amanda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home