happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Homecoming

I'm back from my trip to Santa Rosa to judge wine with women. I had a good time. I traveled with Patty from Stone Hill Winery and she was a fun traveling partner. We met lots of great women in our field, drank lots of wonderful wine, went on another perfect hike with Ann Noble and had some fabulous food. The weather was amazing also. All in all, though, I am so happy to be home. I accepted their invitation last year when I was pregnant, and I didn't realize how hard it would be to leave home after having a baby. Half of me couldn't believe I was there, how could I leave her, but the other
half of me was proud that I could think about something else. She is so demanding, and I love being there for her, and it's sometimes hard to think outside her world. I don't want to be that mom who swarms around her child every single solitary second of the day, but it would be easy to because I love her so much. I want to have my own identity besides Cecilia's mom, but she's so much fun, and I like being with her so much. I guess all moms feel this way, or all working moms?

Want to see some pictures?
California state flower- the poppy

Dr. Ann Noblelavender and vineyards in Carnerospoppies and vineyard in Carneros

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home