happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

This is a picture of mom and I (and Sharon and Heather) on what I think is Thanksgiving 1992. I had the perm and the V-neck sweater in full force. =)

Mother's Day is not the easiest day for me. In fact, from 2001 to 2006 it was one of the worse days of the year for me. But, Cecilia and now Charlotte have made this day much better for me. They make every day much better for me. I never thought being a mom would feel this good; this fulfilling. And while I am very happy to be a mom, there are many times I wish I could talk about my experiences with my own mom. Some of my mom's happiest days were when she had a new grandbaby. She would always be right there at the hospital, eyes shining, mouth grinning, holding that baby like it was pure gold.

Sometimes I think grief is very selfish. I don't do well with self pity parties. But, I do wish that for myself, for my own happiness, for these past few days, that I could have shared all this with my mom.

I am having a good day over here. John got me a nice card and chocolates. =) Cecilia slept until 9 (unheard of) and Charlotte slept until 10(after she was awake from 1- 6.) The Cards are on the tube, and we have a busy day of laundry, vacuuming, a trip to the park and grocery store, and we plan to make sushi rolls for dinner. It's not exciting, but what is exciting is the fact that I have a wonderful husband, and two beautiful girls to do all the normal everyday stuff with. It's like when I was little and used to play house, except this is not pretend.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, May 12, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mom's rock. the ones that we had (or have), and the ones we're becoming, and the ones we're teaching our little ones to be someday. happy mother's day again!

    becky

     

Post a Comment

<< Home