happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sharing The Days With the Ones That I Love



Listening to Christmas music yet? I am. It fills my heart with warmth. Sometimes this holiday season can bog me down, but one of my favorite parts of this season is the music. This song; this group is amazing. Reminds me how happy I am to be in Missouri, where it gets cold, where the moon shines bright, where my family is.

Last year after Christmas, I made a personal list of Ways to Make Christmas 2010 better. I love this time of year, but somehow it stresses me out too, and sometimes makes me downright mad. Last year Christmas came and went and I felt like I had survived a tsunami. Losing Brant left me with a pit in my stomach. I juggled so much, and walked around with such a heavy heart, and when Christmas was over, I felt exhausted and unhappy that I missed the holiday spirit completely. I haven't accomplished everything on my list, but I have made a conscious effort to make this Christmas better, to stress Jesus and the Season of Giving more, and Santa and his materialistic ways less.

#1 Save money so shopping is more fun.
#2 Try to exchange names and get kids lists in early November so I have time to buy presents.
#3 Give different lists to my family/John's family.
#4 Try to do some sort of volunteer/ adopt a family thing, maybe Ronald McDonald House
#5 Buy good stuff for stocking in PB- Global Foods
#6 Celebrate St. Nick's Day- get stockings at home.
#7 Do our Christmas cards at Costco.
#8 Make a present, maybe with the girls, maybe for John or Helen, maybe hot rice bags, coffee mug with photo
#9 Do online shopping before John's December paycheck.
#10 Buy something light to ship to Susanne. (in Germany) Last year I spent $50 shipping a pumpkin pie plate and a can of pumpkin to her.
#11 Buy something for Doug.
#12 Make a picture calendar for myself. (thanks, Cori.)
#13 Make old favorite recipes like spinach balls.
#14 Try to find a way to honor Brant's anniversary.

Wish me luck, and I wish you a holiday season of all that is calm and bright.



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:48 PM, November 19, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If there is anything I can help you accomplish I would love to try. I will for sure be able to help you craft a small token next Saturday. :) Cori

     

Post a Comment

<< Home