happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Staind-Black(Pearl Jam cover)



This is one of my favorite all time songs, easily in my top 5 favorite songs. This rendition that Aaron Lewis from Staind is freaking amazing. This is what music is about, this song epitomizes what music should be like. If you can watch this video and not feel something, or want to feel something then you and I probably can't be friends. ;)

Pearl Jam originally recorded this song, and they did a fabulous job of it. This song can take me back to 1994 in an instant. I had broken up with my boyfriend at the time, and we sat in his truck and he played this song for me, and sang the part, "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a sun in somebody else's sky, but why
Why, why can't it be, can't it be mine?"

I knew right then I was making the right decision. Even now when I hear those words I feel empowered knowing that I am the sun in someone else's life and breaking up with that dumbass was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. Even though this song can transport me back in time, it also reinforces what I am doing today. I love my husband. I chose an amazing partner, and that is, on an everyday basis, one of the best feelings in the world.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home