happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Oldies But Goodies

This is how I spent much of my childhood; playing with the cats at the farm.  This guy's name was Felix, and he might have been one of the most tolerant, patient farm cat ever.  They rode the big wheel with me, slid down the slide, swang on the swing, I fed them bottles of milk, dressed them up in baby clothes, and even had circuses with those cats where they got thrown through the air doing flips as acrobats.  Mom and Dad drew the line only twice with my cat antics, once when I drenched them in the baby pool (trying to teach them to swim?) and once when I squirted food coloring all over the white ones.  As I look back on it now, seems very innocent and imaginative, and I never remembered being bored.  For a little girl on a remote farm, a cat is as good of a friend as they come.
This one sure is cute. =)  I'm probably 3 or 4 in this picture, and so that makes Joe 13 or 14.  I'm pretty sure this picture was taken at Famous Barr in downtown St. Louis, where they had the Famous Barr Bear village that we walked through while waiting to see Santa.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home