happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Erato

John and I have a new favorite place to be in St. Louis. Luckily for me, the half of us that likes to go out more, it's not our sofa. It's a new wine bar located on Grand, actually blocks away from our house (o.k., maybe 30 blocks) called Erato. We have been there three times so far.

The first time was by ourselves, on a week night. We met the owners, it was nice. I had a champagne that I drank out of a straw, and John had the Paulaner Hefeweizen that tastes like bananas and cloves. John went again, once without me, because they saved beer bottles for him. Then we went about a month ago with new friends, Steve Millett and Debbie Monterrey.

We went again last Saturday. Met my long lost cousin, Phil, and his wife Helen there. I like saying "long lost cousin." Phil is my mom's first cousin's son. I think he's my second cousin, but John thinks he my first cousin, once removed. The reason why he's long and lost is because I never knew he existed until we lived in the same apartment building. He's lots of fun, he was an usher in our wedding. Helen is awesome too. They have Tony Danza and Chester's brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home