happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Monday, March 13, 2006

The Weekend We've Been Looking Forward To

John and I got back yesterday from my cousin's wedding in Florida. We had a great time. How can you not have a great time in FL in March, and escape all those crazy tornadoes?

Thursday night we went out on the town, just the girls. We went to one of my favorite restaurants ever, Taverna Opa. Being there is like finding yourself in the middle of My Big Fat Greek Wedding. The food was yummy, but the dancing on the tables was my favorite part. The night only got better from there.

Friday we hung out with Heather, and her son, Gabriel, and then later with her husband Garrett, on our way to the rehearsal. Gabriel is so cute, he is almost a year old, and so inquisitive. John and I watched him for an hour or two while Heather went to the doctor, and we had such a good time. I'm not sure who entertained who more.

Saturday we spent all day getting ready, primping, taking pictures. The wedding was held at The Breakers, which was the most posh place I have ever been to. The ceremony was beautiful, the couple very happy, the smell of the ocean surrounded us, the food impeccable, the evening grand.

As always, I am fully entertained by my husband. At the rehearsal dinner, while talking with my uncle, Uncle Ken comments that he could have borrowed John's tux for the black tie event the next night. He said, "what, 42 long?" John says, "there is very little on this body that is long." At the reception, we kind of ate, and danced and ate and danced, it was a 5 course meal. A song came on I liked right as they placed our salads in front of us. I said to John, "come on, let's dance, this is my song." He said, "but this is my salad."

To top the weekend off, we had one heck of a celebrity sighting on our way home. We sat one seat behind Goldberg. It was s small plane, and there was no first class. I could have counted the pores on his head. He's huge, but very personable. He chatted with us the entire flight. He shared with us that he is claustrophic. I picture people like him to be so powerful, and strong, and I find it interesting that he has things he is scared of too.

If you haven't already, go here to see a bunch of pictures from the weekend. The last one is Goldberg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home