happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Monday, March 06, 2006

You Drink Too Much Coffee, I Drink Too Much Stout.

Last Thursday was the Flogging Molly concert. I drank my very first full Guiness. When we were on our way, I was thinking that I had seen this band 3 times already, and that maybe I didn't need to go this time, but thank God I didn't follow those instincts. They are such a great live band, I love it! First of all, the people there are very entertaining. I've never seen so many mohawks. I'm constantly wondering what kind of job a person with a mohawk holds, or do they wake up every morning and do their mohawk, and what does it look like when it right out of the shower? Facsinating. Then there are the "band-t-shirt-wearing" people. I saw people with Tool, Social Distortion, and tons of Flogging Molly t-shirts. Then there are the Rockabilly people with their 50's updos, and the guys with the black jeans and white t-shirts tucked in.

One of my favorite parts of the band is the girl. There are 6 guys, and one girl playing the fiddle or pipe. I've always thought 1 girl bands are so cool like No Doubt, or Black Eyed Peas, or Blondie. I so want to be that one girl. Do you think she gets her own bus, or does she have to ride with the smelley guys?

FM has awesome lyrics too, mentioning beer, and Catholocism, and Ireland. And they play the songs live 100 times faster than on the cd. The energy is contagious.

Next time I'm asked where I would rather be, I'm going to reply, "At a Flogging Molly Concert." Can't wait for the next time they are in St. Louis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home