happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

6 Years Plus 1 Day

Lest you think I forgot, yesterday was the anniversary of my mom's passing. The picture I posted is from the last Muny Band concert in July 2000, about 3 months before she left us. She was our guest conductor, and she had a ball. She wore these big earrings she bought for me years before because she thought they looked like treble clefs. She really did love life.

Although I know I can function without her, I still miss her.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 7:28 PM, November 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's a beautiful picture Elaine!

    Robin

    PS There's 25 of the old me and 12 of the new me. Weird.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, November 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a beautiful photo. I'm sorry to hear your mother has passed away. I know how much you must miss her.

    Even though my own mother drives me crazy 90% of the time, I can't imagine losing her.

    -hugs-

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

     
  • At 8:02 PM, November 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Everytime I hear "Bolero" I think of your mom. I missed you guys last night!

     
  • At 9:25 PM, November 08, 2006, Blogger happylaney said…

    Ok, who wrote that last comment? Oh, right, probably Cori. Yeah, John had to work and I had to be in St. Louis at 5:10, so we couldn't go. We should be there from now on. My mom did like Bolero.

    Also, Dana, My mom drove me BONKERS! I won't deny it. But, she also meant the world to me, and most days I wish I would have told her more about how much I loved her.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, November 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you're mom was the most classy lady i'd every met, probably still to this day. it's nice to remember the good times, isn't it?
    (the flambe fruit for breakfast, i thought your mom was julia childs!)becky :)

     
  • At 9:31 PM, November 09, 2006, Blogger happylaney said…

    I think mom thought she was Julia Child at times too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home