happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Saying Goodbye to an Icon


This was the emblem on the metal cabinets in our kitchen. I will have to say that I did like that metal cabinet. It had that retro feel that I enjoy. Anyway, after doing some research, and reading this story online about the history of kitchens, the Tracy customized metal cabinets in the 1950s were state of the art. The article says they even had Tracy metal cabinets in the White House. How's that for style?

So, it makes sense to me now, that when Joe and John put the big metal cabinet out by the dumpster at 9 a.m., and John and I left to go to Home Depot at 10:20 a.m., the Tracy metal cabinet was gone. I hope someone can make some use out of it, even though one of the doors kept falling off, and we still have one of the drawers sitting next to me on the floor in the office.

It makes me wonder how long these cabinets we are installing will remain in this house. 50 years?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home