happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Welcome to Motherhood

I'm frustrated with what I can not get done lately. The house seems to constantly be a mess, the laundry multiplies overnight, and I can't keep up with the dirty dishes (even with the new dishwasher.) The fancy space heater that we bought for Cecilia's room broke sometime many months ago, and it still sits in the corner of the office. The baptism invitations that I bought for us to print out and send still sit in their original packaging. Photographs were framed and never hung. The junk mail is taking over the entryway. The "To-Do" list that I made over a month ago still has items not crossed off. And, I'm exhausted all the time.

Cecilia is thriving and gets loads of attention, and she's too fun to even try to explain it to you, but she is also draining. Just keeping it real over here.

The voice in my head is beating you to the punchline, "Get over it you big whiner. This is motherhood; all the fun and all the exhaustion wrapped up in one little swaddled package."

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM, May 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    let's get out our schedules & i'd love to watch her for you sometime. i could even come over one or two evenings & you could do your running around, or cleaning, or printing & hanging pics and still have your boobs nearby!

    MOMMIES...UNITE!!!! :)
    becky

     
  • At 8:14 AM, May 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm reading the first paragraph and think I wrote it about myself-- just enter my kids names and it is about right! glad to read my own thoughts here! - don't worry- there's nothing to "get over" you'll feel this way in 10 years and you'll find yourself bragging to anyone that will listen that you've updated your photo album or added one picture to the baby book... I enjoy the Alicia Keys song "I am superwoman". I also enjoy the sporatic moments of hyper-productivity!! enjoy the ride, Amanda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home