happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Back from the Dead

Today is the first day I have felt human since the last time I blogged. I have had a rough couple days. It started on Thursday. I started to get a cold and lose my voice. I had my two week check up with my doctor, and I showed her these bumps on my legs. She said they were blood clots and sent me to the ER. It's not every day your doctor sends you to the ER, so I was a little freaked out. Charlotte in the car seat, and I headed to the ER, John came up from Ste. Gen, and Amanda watched Cecilia. The good news is the clots are superficial, so they can't really move upstream to my heart or lungs. I have to wear compression stockings, and take an aspirin a day and they just dissipate on their own.


Friday I was still sick, and was the first day I watched both girls on my own. We did good until about 3 p.m. Cecilia didn't take a decent nap, and I was in bad need of a nap, and by the time John got there at 5 p.m. I was a mess.


Saturday continued the illness, and exhaustion, and Sunday I went to the Walgreens clinic where the nurse practitioner told me I had an ear, eye, and sinus infection.


Monday I slept all day and Amanda watched Cecilia (God bless her.) Yesterday I had a check up with my doctor who said the blots clots will go away on their own now. Last night Charlotte was awake from about 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. which is fantastic because it meant she slept from 10 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., ate and fell back asleep again until 7 a.m. So, with a decent night's rest and the medicine kicking in, I'm feeling like I have a tiny bit of energy this morning, and that is a superb feeling. I was beginning to feel like I was in slow motion, stuck in some alternate universe where I feel sick all the time, and tired, and all I do is breastfeed.

Enough about me, want an update on the rest of the family?


Charlotte is as cute as ever with all that hair. I thik she is sporting the Adam Lambert look. She's going to be a trendy girl, I can see it already. She is in the 90th percentile for height and weight- she doesn't miss a meal- especially in the middle of the night.

Cecilia is really cute with Charlotte. She likes to give her hugs, and kisses, brings her the blanket, points to her nose. She does still whine on occassion when I'm feeding Charlotte, but she is usually easy to distract. Her new trick is standing up in the high chair. Good times.

John is amazing. Over the weekend he cut the grass, did the dishes, cleaned the living room, picked roses for me and put them in a vase, did laundry, cleaned the kitty litter, grocery shopped, fixed meals, chased Cecilia around the house, gave her lots of zerberts, and even has done his fair share of the middle of the night stuff.

Aunt Linda comes today, so I can't promise more blogging, but I am already grateful for her help and companionship, and I am looking forward to enjoying my days.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, May 20, 2009, Blogger Jaci W. said…

    Keep up the good work Elaine. A mommy's work is never done! I don't think anyone expects you to be blogging under all those circumstances. Can't wait to hear more about your beautiful girls, wonderful husband and all the good times you are having! Love Jaci

     

Post a Comment

<< Home