happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Heirlooms







Some of mom's stuff has slowly but surely been divvied up in the past year or more, and while I am happy with all my mom's things, there are a few that I think are pretty cool, including this hat box and the goodies inside. You can see the hat box on the top of the bookcase in Cecilia's room. The pink matches well. The only people I have shown this to is the Sutters, and while I was sharing it I got the feeling they weren't the best people to share my excitement about my grandma's fur hats because they love animals more than anyone I know. Now, we all know I love animals, but Sue Sutter just put on her facebook page that she is mourning a roach. No one but the Sutters mourn roaches. Anyway, I love the box, love it's contents, and although I never plan to wear any of them, they bring me much pleasure dreaming of an era gone by.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7:25 PM, March 15, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the 2 bottom pictures remind me of big fuzzy spiders. but i definitely get why you love them. i have boxes & bins of treasures from years past & love every one & brian just doesn't get it(his family's not into keeping things). i love to decorate with them too! oh, the ideas still in my head of things to do with other family treasures...what else do you have of your moms? we should discuss & look at them sometime cuz you know what a classy cool lady i always thought your mom was!!!
    love ya
    becky

     
  • At 9:44 PM, March 16, 2009, Blogger happylaney said…

    I think they look like spiders too, but I guess they look different on top of your head.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home