happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

ReCap

Yesterday was this here blog's 5th birthday. Crazy. I am posting a little bit more than 62% of everyday. That's a little disapppointing because in 2007 I was posting 90% of everyday. You all aren't doing your part though either, because in 2007 you were commenting 1.4 times a day. I hope to post more, and I'd like to ask all of you (yes, you in the back corner with your finger up your nose) to comment more. Last year Mike said he wanted more pictures of John and more pictures of stuff John found in the trash, and I will have to admit, that is a tall order. John won't hardly let me photograph him at all anymore. =( I'll do what I can. John does have a pretty funny t-shirt, Mike, you might know the one I'm talking about, maybe he'll let me photograph him in that and put it on the blog. Is that what you have in mind? ;) February is Hat or Not Hat month, and I'm hoping for some good audience partcipation on that one, so start putting things on other things' heads and get the camera out. It's so fun! ;)

I also have good intentions to make this blog deeper. I tend to skim over some of the emotional side of things, and slap up a picture and call it a day. I really love my fellow mom-squadder, Emily's blog. She's great with the Flipvideo, and also great at sharing some of the more intimate aspects of her life, and I love her blog for that. I'm not sure when I'm going to have time to blog more and be more reflective, but these are my goals.

Lastly, I'll leave you with a question...I have an itunes gift card waiting to be used. Any suggestions? I am working a lot lately by myself, so I'm looking for motivational music. Last year I found P!NK, and Bonerama, both very motivational. I'm also looking for music to do accounting to, maybe classical, or at least no words to distract me, maybe Loreena McKennit-ish? Or a good movie soundtrack? I could listen to the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack all day long when I'm doing bookwork. I'm also thinking John Mayer, anyone have his latest album? What about Ben Folds? Weezer? Dave Brubeck?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM, January 12, 2010, Blogger Michael said…

    I know what shirt you are talking about and I guess if that is what it takes to get John's picture on this blog, I'm for it.

    Thanks for keeping this blog up for so many years. It has provided hours of entertainment for me. I was searching through the other day and found a great discussion John and I had about Wang Chung (probably the most in-depth discussion of WC ever).

    Thanks for making this corner of the internet a little brighter.

     
  • At 10:30 PM, January 14, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    YAY!! 5 years!! I always enjoy keeping up with you.

    I have music suggestions for you. Not sure how much you'll like them, but you did ask and I love music. :) A little outdated maybe, but the Garden State movie soundtrack always helped me study in college. It's relaxing yet fun. Last year I fell in love w/ the Muse album Black Holes & Revelations. Lately I've been kind of obsessed w/ the Allman Brother's album Brothers & Sisters. I borrowed the tape from my mom (my car still has a tape player) she got it for her high school graduation. The case the tape is in is really awesome!! I listen to it all the time, but also had to buy it on itunes because I couldn't listen to it enough in my car. :) Good luck w/ your choice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home