happylaney

It's time to lose your mind and let the crazy out.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dom, dom, dom, dom, dom, de, doobe, dom



Wondering how we chose his name? It's not from this little song or video, although this is cute. =) We've had this name picked out since we were pregnant with Cecilia.

We both just liked the name Dominic. The name means, "of the Lord." I knew a guy named Dominic, and people called him Dom for short, and I loved that. It reminded me of this song.



This song was always one of mom's favorites, from the year she graduated high school. Plus, it was on the Stand By Me soundtrack which I listened to continuously from about the time I was 11 or 12 to 14 or 15. What a great movie and soundtrack.

The name Calvin comes from John's grandpa, John Calvin Smith, whom John was named after.  Somewhere along the way I'll try to find a picture of John's grandpa.  John looks a lot like him.  From what I've heard about him, he was a quiet farmer from Hicksville, OH.  John has his eyes, and his posture.  When I envision John as an old man, I always picture his grandpa.

Well, busy day today, I've got my two week check up, and a few last minute gifts to buy.  Tomorrow is Dominic's 2 week check up.  How can two weeks have gone by already?  I keep trying to count the days on my hands, not accepting that it's been 2 weeks already.  I've just started to feel a little better, but I feel like those days are lost, and his life is already on the fast track.  I'm looking forward to spending some nice time with my family of 5 (today is Johns last day of work for 2 weeks, Wee!) and in between we've got Christmas Eve at the farm, Christmas Day at our house with John's parents, and then Cecilia's birthday at Chuck E Cheese.  When does life slow down?  When do I have that quiet maternity leave full of new baby love?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home