1. She's getting her first tooth, and she has a runny nose. Is this one in the same, or does she have a cold?
2. She cries and fusses a lot more lately... I guess this has to do with that tooth also... how do I know when she's in pain? Do I give her children's tylenol at my discretion?
3. What about oragel? Are there side effects of oral teething treatments?
4. What about zwiebach? Do they help with teething?
5. Her very rough schedule has disappeared also. Am I to blame that one tooth for all this? She sleeps for like 20 minutes at a time, instead of the usual 40-1 hour. And then she is perpetually tired.
6. How long does it take one tooth to come in? Somebody told me it takes a couple weeks. Will she be like this the entire time?
7. On to food... I usually give her a vegetable and cereal at lunch, and a fruit and cereal with dinner. Do I have to give her cereal at every feeding?
8. Do I really have to wait 3 days before introducing a new food?
9. If I just give her a fruit or vegetable and no cereal, should I give her milk too? (milk = breastmilk or formula)
10. How much should she be awake everyday? I feel like she's awake more than most babies her age, but knowing that doesn't help much. Monday night I thought she was asleep at 7:30 p.m. (which is early for her), but then she woke up again at 8:15 p.m. like it was just a late nap. (?) How do I know one from the other?
11. Then there's the separation anxiety... She cries everytime I walk in the opposite direction. It drives me crazy. It makes me feel smothered. I don't like it. Half of Java and I's relationship is me pushing him off my lap. I don't like to be clung to; I need space. I read something that said I should give her as much attention as possible, and then she will have more confidence and move through this quicker. Then there's the older ladies who say I should not bend to her every whim. My first idea is to run as fast as I can away from her...will holding her more and holding her everytime she cries for me really help things?
12. The book says separation anxiety happens anytime between 6 months and 2 years. Will this go on until she's 2? If so, feel free to have me committed at any time.
13. She pinches me. She usually does it when I'm feeding her. She pinches my arm, or sometimes my neck. Is she old enough to teach her not to pinch?
14. If so, how do I teach her not to pinch?
15. How do I know when to bother the pediatrician with all these questions, and when just to bother you?
Labels: sweet child o'mine